6/01/2008

it wasn't me . . .

. . . who ordered yarn and books and roving and niddy noddy and nostepinne and god knows what else.
No it must have been someone else because I feel incredible innocent about it. Last night before I went to bed I thought maybe that was a little bit too much, but I feel innocent. It all started on friday when I finally ordered 1.5 kg of the finest wool/silk in three different colorways. One will definitly be for a cardigan that's buzzing through my head for a couple of weeks now. And the other two, mmmh, another cardi or maybe a pullover, we'll see. And then the insanity continued, saturday morning I was wandering around the internet and can't really remember how it started but I found spindles and then I found roving and batts and then I thought maybe I should read a little bit more before ordering stuff. So I went over to ravelry and cruised the boards over there, there are a lot if spinning groups and spindlers and all sorts of information and before I could say stop to myself I ordered two niddy noddys and a nostepinne (I have no idea how to pronounce this one) from a lovely little shop from germany.
Oh stop, I think it all started with a mother marion kick spindle I found on etsy (ford4him), allthough I don't remember how I got there in the first place, maybe due to my search on wpi tools. Nevertheless it didnt stop there, so I started searching etsy on rovings and spindles, I have a drop spindle already but didn't like the way I needed to stop all the time plus it hurt my back immediatly, maybe I'm doing something wrong. So I found rovings, a whole lotta rovings . . .
I went back to ravelry, I needed more info on how to work with roving, I mean I never spinned before so how would I know and I searched for books and I found some and I ordered two: first The Alden Amos Big Book of Handspinning and second Teach Yourself Visually Handspinning from Judith MacKenzie McCuin, this should be here tomorrow afternoon. Also this week there should arrive my new niddy noddy (I kinda like this word, niddy noooddy), the roving (isn't it sooo cute and cuter?) should be here next week as well, coming from the USA and my yarn (the wool/silk one that started this chain reaction) also should arrive soon
anything else? oh god I've forgotten if there is something else, well there is this kick spindle I don't know if I want to spend the money for, since the shipping itself will be 36USD

and because I don't know if I could stop myself I'll be off brunching in a few minutes and celebrate world childrens day ^_^

1 Kommentar:

  1. I'm sure you'll love spinning, I got started a few weeks ago and can't stop! :-P
    One book I loved reading is "Spinning in the Old Way: Make Your Own Yarn With A High-Whorl Handspindle"
    by Priscilla A. Gibson-Roberts.
    Teach yourself visually handspinning is also a good beginning book, despite only showing low-whorl spindles.
    Oh, and may I ask, where is this kick-spindle you're wondering about ? I've seen one work on Youtube and thought they were so clever !! :-P
    Sylv (http://chezplum.com)

    AntwortenLöschen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.